Christmas is a time for good company and good food. But if you are looking to keep the treats healthy, this is one of our favourite healthy-ish sweet treat recipes:
2 Tab goji berries
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup shredded coconut, plus extra (just in case)
1 Tab coconut oil
140g dark chocolate (plus extra just in case)Steps:
- Place goji berries in a small bowl and cover with water.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Place strawberries cut-side-up on baking paper on a baking tray, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Place strawberries and goji berries in a food processor. Blitz until they combine to become a smooth thick liquid.
- Pour strawberry liquid into a bowl. Mix in melted coconut oil and dessicated coconut.
- Mix in shredded coconut, 1/4 cup at a time, until desired consistency reached. The mixture should be firm enough and just wet enough still to ball and clump together without breaking apart, but dry enough to form balls (rather than wet goops).
- Shape the mixture into small balls, and place on a baking tray, cover & store in fridge for at least 1 hour
- Towards end of the hour, melt dark chocolate over a double-boiler.
- Roll strawberry bites through dark chocolate and place back onto baking paper for chocolate to set
The truffles can be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard or ideally in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.