We’ve met some amazing people on our journey so far.
We’re all for shopping, eating & playing locally, supporting small local businesses around us. So we’d love to share some of our favorite local places and businesses with you – let us know what you think!
We only list therapists here for whom one of our team has personally experienced treatment. Please note that while we recommend these therapists, some will suit better than others for specific injuries, conditions and problems. If you feel you require therapy other than massage to achieve your recovery or health goals, please speak to your therapist about the best options for you.
If you are rehabilitating from an injury or are just starting out in the world of Pilates for fitness, health, and improved posture, we recommend:
Once you have a little pilates experience, for general fitness, core strength and toning, we recommend:
- Studio Pilates (Ashgrove) – general reformer classes, high intensity, great work out
(please note this is not the ideal option if you have an injury or have never done pilates before – we recommend doing at least 3 months of small-group pilates at one of the studios above first)
General Fitness options we recommend:
- 12 Rounds (Ashgrove West) – HIIT training boxing style. No class times, turn up & train when you want, personal trainer included, circuit changes every day, a great mix of strength / resistance, plyometrics and cardio exercise.
- Stepz Ashgrove (Ashgrove West) – 24/7 gym, friendly trainers, group class options
Osteopaths we recommend:
- Dr Lachlan Freebairn of Paddington Osteo, at The Work Well Center in Paddington
Physiotherapists we recommend:
- Alison Grimaldi & team – Hip and pelvis specialists (Tingalpa)
- The Shoulder Guy, Luke Van Every – Shoulder specialist (Kelvin Grove)
- Mark Comerford, kinetic movement, dynamic stability & back / neck / jaw / SI joint master – Performance Rehab (Annerley) and Brisbane Musculoskeletal Medicine (Taringa)
- Alex Clarke, Physioworks – General physiotherapy (Ashgrove West)
Chiropractors we recommend:
- Paddington: Dr Sean Healy & Dr Lance Cotteril at Paddington Chiropractic
- Windsor: Dr Alan Brown at Windsor Chiropractic
- Sherwood: Dr Joshua Nelson at Sherwood Chiropractic
- East Brisbane: Dr Travis West at Back to Front Chiropractic
- Queensland Orthotics – Scott Greenbank & the rest of the team (Ashgrove West)
- Carmen Stout of Bloom & Releaf (Podiatry & Reflexology) (Ashgrove West)
- Shanelle Hutchinson at Acupuncture Brisbane Clinic (Windsor)
- Terry Hitzke – also specialises in therapeutic exercise for rehabilitation, naturopathy & coaching (The Gap)
- Dr Bruce Jones, Musculoskeletal Physician (Taringa)
- Dr Daelyn Cullen, Sports Physician (Stafford)
Massage Associations & Colleges We Train At:
Local Places we recommend for a post-massage snack:
If you know Cecilia & Andrea well, you’d know we are foodies at heart. We’re all for healthy nutritional eating and we usually home-make our lunches, but we both believe in “everything in moderation” and hence a treat out every once in a while is well-deserved and enjoyed. Here’s some of our favorite local places to eat….
- Osaka Japanese – Ashgrove West – fresh yummy japanese dine-in meals
- Sweet Crumbs – Ashgrove West – beautiful pastries, cakes and great coffee
- The Local Larder – Ashgrove West – lovely local wine bar, live music on Sunday afternoons
- Macho Macho – Ashgrove West – breakfast, lunch, cocktails & nibbles, this place has it all!
- Loaded Food Co – Ashgrove central – the most amazing take away breakfast, lunch and dinner options – fresh salads, cakes, wraps, family-homecooked-dinner-to-go options
- Tsuru – Ashgrove Central – fresh sushi take-away
- The Green Mango – Ashgrove West – beautiful fresh Thai food
- Kafe Krave – Wilston – good breakfast, great BLT, excellent coffee.
Local Points of Interest
St John’s Wood is the closest Brisbane pocket precint to us. Its a lively little community with many goings-on, check out the details here.
These are some of the amazing people who helped us start our business – we’re sure they can help you with yours too!
- Pixel Palace – boutique web design, amazing graphic design. Jen at Pixel Palace is the brilliance behind our logo. What more do we have to say?
- Broz Painting – for all your business or residential painting needs. Reliable, competitive & brilliant work.
- Complete Business Strategies – accountants extraordinaire